Menu
rhothi92
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box. Orange light of death

Got the dreaded orange light of death when trying to turn on the v6 box. It's stuck in a boot loop of the welcome screen and a graphic that looks it's trying to download something. Hard drive makes the tell tale clicking noise of a death rattle. Can't get through to anyone on the phones. I assume this is a dead box that will need replacing?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box. Orange light of death

Hi rhothi92,

You need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

If you wait here then a member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you but it will probably take a few days, so best to persevere on the phone.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

rhothi92
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Managed to get through to someone. They sent a replacement box and it arrived yesterday. Of course I was sent an old style box rather than a V6. Back to the customer service line again 🤔

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear rhothi92,

Thanks for the update.  Sorry to see you have to go through the same routine again. 

Hopefully the (wrong) replacement  will work until VM send the V6.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rhothi92
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not even going to bother unpacking and setting up just to take it off to replace with the v6. Good thing my contract is up soon

0 Kudos