Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Not Working

Hello,

One of my V6 boxes stopped working the other day. It doesn’t go past the welcome screen and just continues to make a whirring sound. I assume it is some kind of issue with the hard drive.

I’ve been trying to get in touch with Virgin, but I keep getting passed around automated messages.

Can anyone here help at all?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box Not Working

If you've got a whirring sound that sounds like hard drive failure, then all you can do is report it by the quickest method possible.

Calling in is almost certainly the quickest - VM staff are currently taking upto a week to respond to posts here.

HDD issues aside, it's worth checking your box has a valid internet connection during the bootup sequence.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I assumed it’s the HDD, by the noise. My problem is, I am struggling to get in contact with anyone at Virgin, I get stuck in a loop of automated messages. 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Muneer,

Click on Check service status at the top of the page and run a test on your equipment from there. VM will send a signal to your box from there which may resolve the issue. Sometimes it results in an automatic box replacement or engineer visit.

Failing that you need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos