Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box -No signal

I have two V6 boxes, and the one in the bedroom suddenly has no signal.  Our tv has two hdmi ports and plugging into both results in a blue screen with a 'no signal" message.  My Amazon Fire Stick works in both slots, so the HDMI ports do not appear to be faulty.

I have tried using a brand new HDMI cord.  This made no difference.  I have restarted the V6 box several times.  This made no difference.  I can see the V6 box on my app and through my other box.  The contents are fine and I can watch those programs through my living room V6 box.  I cannot do anything with the remote as there is nothing on the screen to work with.

And yes I have the correct source on the TV.

Help??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box -No signal

I had this problem today and I removed all cables from the back and left it for 5 minutes and that has seemed to do the trick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Swap the 2 V6's over and see if the dodgy one works on your other TV and vica versa

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had done this before for about 10 minutes but left it unplugged for about 12 hours today. No change. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Swapping the boxes confirmed that the issue is with the box and not the TV.  No signal but it's recording and visible to the other V6 box. 😞

Any ideas?  Can the box and its 98% full memory be salvaged?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thebooms

Thanks for posting, unfortunately if you have an issues with the V6 box and it needs replacing you will loose all your recordings from that box.

We have no way of saving your recorded programmes. We will just swap out the faulty box for a new one.

I will pop you over a private message to take a look at this for you. Click on the purple envelope and accept the chat.

Many thanks Jodi

0 Kudos