Menu
stormers1974
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box - No Apps or Sky Sports

HI!  I have installed a second box in addition to my Tivo box.  The new box is a V6 and seemed to work perfectly until I try to access Apps and Sky Sports.  I get the expected "need a subscription" message when I try to access Sky Sports.  When I try to access Apps (Netflix, iPlayer etc), there is nothing in the menu at all.  Not a single App!.     I have already reinstalled several times and have run a few checks.  The most recent check was the 'Port Configuration Test'.   The result was "The ports listed below need to be opened on your router ..... Ports 80, 880, 80, 7287, 7288, 8081".   Whilst I love a challenge I don't fancy this one at all.  Can anybody help, please?    

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box - No Apps or Sky Sports

The port configuration test on V6 boxes is, at best, unreliable, and often fails on perfectly working systems (mine included)

Is your V6 connected to your SH directly? Or is it in modem mode and you're using your own router?

Can you use OnDemand from your V6? If you're not sure, try (non-BBC) CatchUp programmes.

And it's a simple fix, but since you've not said.. have you restarted your V6? Depending how recently the box was installed, it may yet benefit from a reboot.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stormers1974
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts

Thanks for the quick reply!   I have rebooted at least half a dozen times and cannot access On Demand at all.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you getting any error messages when you try to use VOD - these can often be a clue where your issue lies.

Is your V6 connected to your SH directly? Or is it in modem mode and you're using your own router?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is reported in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
stormers1974
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi  It was originally setup with Ethernet connected to the Superhub.  The ethernet remained in place for a couple of weeks.    It is now connected by Wifi and isn't in Modem mode.

0 Kudos
stormers1974
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi - Correction to previous reply.  The V6 is still connected to the hub by ethernet.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you getting any error messages when you try to use VOD - these can often be a clue where your issue lies.

If you follow (on your V6) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is reported in the top-right?

0 Kudos
stormers1974
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this!  On the top right it says: "Ethernet Connection Details" followed by the IP address and MAC address

I have Error code V210 when I try to use on demand (although I know it isn't a temporary issue)

I also have Error code A01 when trying to access 'Help' on the settings menu.

0 Kudos