Menu
7AD
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box - Issues

Hi,

Ive had this V6 box now for years, however, recently weve found that if we turn on lights or hob in the kitchen, occasionally it cuases to v6 box to stop working. 

I have an expensive surge protector installed for my electronics, and ferrite cores for interference, but sometimes it just stops for a second and returns but others the box turns off and stays off. 

PS4, XBOX ONE, 360, Switch etc do not exhibit the same issues when these things happen, same with the TV by itself, so it leads me to believe its interference with the box itself. 

Has anyone had this issue, its only happened recently, and nothing in the house has changed etc. 

Ill add weve had electrician check sockets, mains etc. nothing wrong

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box - Issues

HI 7AD, thanks for contacting us via the forums and we are sorry to hear that you're having issues with the V6 box. This is something which we have not heard of and this should not happen. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the box, that all cables are tight and that the issue still happened following a reboot? - Chris 

0 Kudos
7AD
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes all the same issues prevail..... 

I've literally tried everything possible .... Had box off over night , restarts, cables are all tight , only thing I haven't done is try to change the HDMI cables but they do have ferrites on them and the same ones I've had since before all this happened 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you not able to change the HDMI? Would you like us to send you a new one? ^Chris. 

0 Kudos
7AD
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just ordered quad shielded hdmi cables to replace the 2 current ones. They arrive tomorrow and ills see if that sorts it, if not back to the drawing board 

0 Kudos
7AD
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Little update, it required quad shielded cables to stop the issue...... I guess the standard cables only worked for so long before becoming ineffective 

0 Kudos