Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Issue Error Code S102

Hi there. I'm desperately hoping someone can help here.

Me and my family have tried collectively now for 12 hours over 3 days or so to get this issue sorted with our V6 box.

It's an error code S102. We've tried as i've said, 12 hours over 3 days on the phone to get through to someone, but because of Coronavirus it's just taking an obscene amount of time. So i've had to resort to this instead. 

So i'm honestly hoping i can get this issue sorted through the forum instead of being on the phone for hours on end constantly losing any hope of anyone ever answering.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Issue Error Code S102

Any issue that needs account-specific access is best called through to VM-C/S as forum staff are presently taking upto a week to respond to posts on here. That said, Error S102 (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s102 ) could potentially be a problem with your connections, so let's just make sure you have all that in-place...

Your co-ax cable carries your TV signal and needs to be finger-tight.

Your internet connection comes through your homehub, which your V6 connects to either by Ethernet cable (ideally) or WiFi - how is yours?

And has this error suddently popped up on a previously working box? Or is it a replacement?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All my cables are plugged in correctly and are finger-tight.

We have one connected via Ethernet (which is the one we're struggling with) and a second in the bedroom connected via Wi-Fi.

We only recently put one in the bedroom and encountered the same issue, which we were able to get resolved over the phone once before. That was the one connected via Wi-Fi

However, we've only decided to connect the second box (Which is the one connected via Ethernet) up a few days ago, and followed all the setup procedures which were explained in the booklet provided, only to encounter the same error as before. Only this time, we've been waiting for a response or possible fix over the phone for the last 3 days. Which is why I've resorted to alternative means of contact.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On the off-chance that this is a connectivity issue, can you try swapping the boxes around, or even just try unplugging the Ethernet cable and try over WiFi - a short term workaround if nothing else.

On the other hand, when was this box last connected to the VM network? Boxes that aren't live are often deactivated after a period of time, and this can be as low as 30days. It would normally manifest itself by a 7400 error, but an S102 isn't impossible,

Unfortunately the fix for that, is to call in with the box serial numbers and make sure it's activated for use.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can try switching them around and see what happens.

In regards as to when it was last connected, we only set it up 3 days ago. But because we have an older Tivo box, we just swapped them out each time we couldnt get through to someone.

But between your reply and mine, we did get through to Customer Service and went through the approach you had mentioned in your reply with the serial numbers, and apparently the box had an issue where it had invalid codes?. We were assured the issue was fixed, but alas we still are receiving an S102 error. Such a shame.

Getting ever so closer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Brandon2 wrote:

But between your reply and mine, we did get through to Customer Service and went through the approach you had mentioned in your reply with the serial numbers, and apparently the box had an issue where it had invalid codes?. We were assured the issue was fixed, but alas we still are receiving an S102 error. Such a shame.

Did you offer to wait on the line while they activated the correct box, to make sure the process completed ok?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Of course, we even asked them to wait, but it didn't seem like they were interested and really wanted to get off the phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So after numerous phone calls, across what could be described as multiple departments, cutting us off after almost 2 hours on the phone.

Someone else in the family decided to try and use the online messaging system, and within 10 minutes, got us all sorted. Pretty bizarre that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wish I could say your experiences were unique, but sadly they're not surprising.

Glad you're sorted, that's the main thing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm very glad myself. Thanks for offering your help! 🙂
0 Kudos