Menu
davecox2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box ITV Hub app

The ITV hub App on my V6 box refuses to run programmes. On selecting a programme it plays the preceding adverts etc OK but as soon as it gets to running the programme there is a long delay and then the childish message 'Oops! Something's not right' appears with the options of either 'wait' or 'start again', either of which ends up with the same result.  

My box is connected directly to the Virgin Media TV fibre cable, which is separate from the internet cable connected to my router. All other apps (BBC iPlayer etc) work OK.

Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box ITV Hub app

I'll wager that....if this is what I think it is.... if you play a (non-app) On Demand programme, you could well get a 603 or 604 error.

Are you watching on a 4K UHD and/or Samsung TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
davecox2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

You're right.  I'm getting a 603 error when selecting a non-app prog from the catch-up screen.

We have a sony 4K Android TV.  What's the solution?

Dave

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Run through the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 , with particular note to Step 2 onwards (the HDCP bit)

If you get no joy from this, and a subsequent reboot, then post back with your specific TV model (and confirmation whether changing your output to 1080 worked)

There's some background info worth a read at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
davecox2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi , thanks for that.  Guess what?  I simple re-boot of the box did the trick! (why did'nt I think of that first!). What I hadn't realised was that the problem was affecting all On Demand options, not just ITV Hub. Doh!

Thanks again. I see that you are a Bath supporter. I'm an Exeter Chiefs man myself. Least said about the weekend results for both of us the better!

Cheers

Dave C

0 Kudos
davecox2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Whoops!  Just realised you actually beat Gloucester!  Congrats!

D