Menu
Stack78C
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box HDMI port loose

My sound has recently started playing up on the V6 box which at first I thought it was my amp because my xbox sound kept dropping out too but after testing all cables and replacing them, I have come to the conclusion that the hdmi port has become loose as when the sound goes off and I wiggle the port, it is loose and the picture goes off and then back on along with the sound.

I've also noticed that it's getting quite hot too touch which is strange, apart from phoning virgin up is there another way to get this box replaced as the waiting times are quite long?

Thanks

0 Kudos
C-Bithell
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box HDMI port loose

Hi there my name is Chris Bithell I am a virgin media technician

I can arrange a replacement for a faulty V6 but did you find the answer to why you xbox was making the same sound issues.

Please inbox me your address and account number.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Stack78C
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Yes i believe the faulty HDMI port on the V6 box is causing issues with the handshaking of other devices as when I disconnect the V6 from the TV, i get no sound problems with the xbox and I have tested this over a few days now but when I reconnect the V6 box the problems arise.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As a word of caution I would be very careful giving out your personal details to the first responder.  His account does not show that he is part of VM's forum team.

0 Kudos