cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box - Flashing White & Green Light

Clo123
Joining in

This evening I was unable to watch TV as the light on the V6 box was constantly flashing white and occasionally green. During this time, the service was totally down with any use of the remote control not being recognised. I restarted the box several times but the light just continued to flash.

I eventually got it to stop after reading a post on here and holding down the power button and + button for a while and then restarting.

I've had a few similar issues recently with the box repeatedly turning itself off but I've managed to resolve that after a while.

I've had my V6 box for several years now. Is it possible that it needs replacing? I telephoned while this was going on tonight but had to give up after being on hold for a long time. Can I book a technician appointment online while telephone wait times are so long?

Grateful for any help!

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's no rule that says perfectly working equipment needs automatically replacing after a set period of time - if any VM kit develops a fault, then that fault should be reported via the usual means, and a tech visit is arranged. You will lose all your recordings with any box swap.

Telephone reporting is the primary means to report service faults, VM staff often respond on these boards if you're happy to wait a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Clo123 👋 welcome back to the community!

Thanks for posting to let us know about these issues with your TV service. Sorry to hear this has been happening! 

It may be that there has been an issue in the area affecting your service (you can check for these here 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061 ) or there may be an issue with your equipment which we need to investigate and offer further support with. 

We do recommend regularly rebooting the box by turning it off at the switch so it can install any updates / and issue fixes. I will send you a PM so we can take a closer look and offer support! You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋

Just returning to the public thread to keep things updated. Thanks to Clo123 for PMing with me! 📩
Following a reboot the issue seems to have resolved itself. 🤞 Hopefully there are no further issues, but they know how to get back in touch if there are!

Thanks for your patience whilst the fault was ongoing! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly