Menu
billyerskine57
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Error 273 on Demand unavailable

I have had a new V6 box replaced this morning and now cannot use the on demand service error 273 it’s been like this for a couple of hours now? Our status says there’s no problem?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Error 273 on Demand unavailable

The V273 error relates to your network connection. 

Since it's new V6 have you tried rebooting your hub?

The V6 works best if connected with an ethernet cable. Are you using wifi or ethernet?

If wifi, use your remote and go to  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network - In the top-right, the box should say connected/online - what's the signal strength?

There are timestamps in the top-left corner. These usually operate on a 5 or 6 hourly connection cycle and will show either Success,  or a reason for failure. If it's a failure what message does it show?

If you are using an ethernet connection make sure it's plugged in tight and snug. Some of the ethernet cables work their way out. It might be an idea to replace it with another working cat 5 pr cat 6 ethernet cable if you have one.

Using your remote go again to  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

At the left hand side of the screen it should show last status which should hopefully say connected.

If it doesn't, or it hasn't made any further connection attempts since you last had the problem then click on Connect to Virgin Media Service now.

You can also test your network connection from the same screen, ignore the port configuration test section messages.

You can also run a speed test which will show if you have any network issues affecting the strength/speed.

To run the speed test with your remote. 

Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband > Take a Speed Test > Press Play (DO NOT PRESS OK)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your V6 gets its internet connection (which is used for OnDemand) via your homehub. Rather than necessarily going straight for a potentially unnecessary reboot of anything, check how your V6 & hub are connected.

I'll wager that if you've had your V6 replaced, it's connected to your homehub via WiFi rather than Ethernet - and you've not connected the new box to your home router.

You can do this via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and following the onscreen prompts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello billyerskine57

How are things looking now 

Did you follow the excellent advice given by 

@newapollo