Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Broken

Hi,

Since the start of this week my Virgin Media TV V6 box hasn’t been able to start up properly. It boots up with solid or flashing orange light - displays the welcome message and then reboots again on repeat.

occasionally on reboot it will display a screen with what appears to be a downloading symbol but nothing appears to get fixed and the same cycle repeats. I still have internet and WiFi. 

It also shows a green screen which says,

"The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it.

This will take about 3 Hours.

PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESTART THE DVR!

If you have a plasma TV or are concerned.....etc

If after three hours, the DVR does not restart, please call customer support.

I have checked all connections and followed the usual advice of switching off / unplugging and restarting but nothing seems to work. Your website indicates there are no service issues in my area.

As this has been several days and can't contact customer support I'm posting here with the hope that a moderator can assist.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Broken

Hi,
Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - can you send me a personal message; hover over my name and select send message.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi am sorry to hear that. please if i may have your account number and area number i could check whats going with your services and perhaps have an engineer around to fix the fault/s.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Something quick an easy to try is a software restart.

If you turn the box off. If you press the plus minus and power button on the front of the box and turn the power on. When you see the welcome sigh release all buttons. The buttons need to be held simultaneously.

This may clear the fault and allow service to be restored.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

If you send a text message to this number 07533051809 with all your details inc acc number address fault etc someone will be in touch to have the equipment replaced or arrange a visit.

Cheers

Paul

Field Technician 71589

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi

have you managed to get this issue sorted

im a technician for virgin media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am a VM tech.

When you see the downloading symbol or the green screen, it means that the hard drive has failed and it cannot be fixed. You need a replacement V6 box. I have sent you a private message

0 Kudos