Menu
Pioneer25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Auto Power / Detection - Sky HD Movies Clarity

Hi all

First time poster, a i have just joined the Virgin Fam.

Two queries really if anyone can help me on

1. Is there anyway to have the V6 Box to auto switch on my TV when i put the power on my V6 box on, or when i put the V6 box on that the TV automatically switches to the correct HDMI port.. at the moment if my TV is off and i put the V6 box on the TV is not waking up and will remain off till i switch the TV on myself. Or when the TV is in HDMI port 3, and i switch on the V6 box (which is HDMI 1), then the box / tv does not detect this and again i have to manual switch the TV to HDMI 1 - quite annoying when the TV is always jumping between apps and HDMI ports

2. My Sky Movies HD channels are such poor quality. BBC One HD, E4 HD, ITV HD all look great but sky movies HD is like watching SD.. not great. Any ideas for a fix

Thanks

Pioneer

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Auto Power / Detection - Sky HD Movies Clarity

Hi Pioneer25,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome to both the community and Virgin.

I will be more than happy to answer your questions, actually turning on the TV when you power up the V6 isn't something we can set up, I am not sure about your TV ans set up however as soon as I turn my TV on the V6 auto comes on the channel.

In regards to the quality when watching sky Movies HD especially when you advise other HD channels are OK, I suggest maybe trying a better quality HDMI cable or even just to check try a different TV to see if the same occurs, 

You could also try the different HDMI ports on the TV also.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you wouldn't want the tv to come on with the box. The box waves up most nights to do updates/recordings. you would end up with your TV always turning on
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi apcyberax,

Thank you for your feedback , this is very true and probably one of the reasons it doesn't happen that way.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Pioneer25
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies both. I appreciate it.

I hate comparing, i really do, but my previous supplier (Sky) the box didn't switch on the TV when updating or recording. For me its quite simple that when i press the power on the remote the TV auto switches on (Sky, PS4, Switch all works the same). I have a LG C9 tv, so fairly new spec. It is quite annoying that each time i put the tv and virgin box on that i have to change my input every time as virgin box is not informing my tv it is on... strange thing. 

On the resolution issue, i am using a 4k HDMI wire which again is perfect for ITV HD, BBC HD, SKy HD, but sky movies HD is awful. I will try another HDMI but i feel it will be pointless. From what i can see lots of people have similar issues.   

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Swap the HDMI inputs at the back of the TV around so that the V6 is plugged into HDMI port 1

0 Kudos
Pioneer25
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It is already in HDMI 1. 

I will try and swap the cables with another and try another port also.

Will keep you posted

Cheers

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can only suggest leaving the TV on HDMI 1 when you turn it off. Most TVs will go to the last used input when you turn them on.

I know that the older boxes had some switching capability, as there were many complaints from customers using HDMI splitters to run second TVs that when they turned the primary TV off it would turn the Virgin box off as well.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pioneer25
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that and i wish the LG C9 did as noted...

yes i leave the tv in HDMI 1 when i turn it off at night, but when i put the tv and box on in the morning, the tv defaults to some home screen as it cannot detect any source - so frustrating.
0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What's plugged into the other HDMI sockets?