Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 Blank screen out of standby

Hi, 

I have two V6 boxes and both have the same 'niggle'... When starting them up after they have been on standby (connected low power) the light above the power button changes from red to white, but the TV doesn't seem to get any output - just a blank screen saying that there is no connection.

If I turn the V6 box back to standby and then on again this usually fixes the problem... But occasionally I have to do this a couple of times or, very occasionally turn the box off and back on again.

I'm sure this issue only started within the last couple of months and nothing in the setup has changed. The boxes are connected directly by Hdmi to 1080p TV's (one Samsung and one Toshiba).

Is there a way to fix this issue?... It's just a bit of an annoying inconvenience. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Blank screen out of standby

Hi Mike219,

I can certainly appreciate how this can be an inconvenience. However the standard time for the V6 box to start up is between 3 - 5 minutes. Plus, it can also take a little longer if there has been an update overnight. 

Of course I do apologise about this, I can send your feedback off to the relevant department to flag it for future development 🙂

Hope this helps.

^Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure... It shouldn't take 3 - 5 minutes for a device to go from standby to on - it's 2019 not 1985!

It might take that long to re-start when turned off completely but surely not from standby! 

This issue is that the box won't display anything on my TV when turned on from standby (no matter how long I wait) - so I have to put the box back into standby, wait for the red light, and then turn it back on again - and sometimes repeat this 2 or 3 times. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike219,

I do understand what you're saying, if its still an issue for you we can go through the process of replacing your V6 box with a new one. 

Would that be something you'd like to do?

^Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie, 

Thanks for your help. I have the same issue with two boxes and the issue started at the same time - I don't think that replacing them will help much as it's unlikely that two boxes developed the same a fault at the same time.

I'll wait for a while and contact tech support if I decide to replace the boxes. I was just hoping it was an issue that could be resolved with an easy fix.

Thanks again for trying to help though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike219,

That's not a problem, going down the tech support route is also a good idea. 

I truly hope you get this issue fixed 🙂

Please come back to us for any future help.

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not completely the same, but similar here.

Now I find I need the TV on before the V6 is brought out of standby or you get the "box is on / white light but no signal to TV" issue.  Started maybe 6 weeks ago around the time of a V6 software update.  Having the TV on first usually (but not always) avoids the problem.

I can only speculate but I wonder if there was a change in the latest software to the "handshake" between the V6 and TV, for HDCP.  Possibly the timings and retries are now less forgiving causing handshake failures.  No idea really, just a guess. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that sounds the same as the issue I have; and same timescale. 

Although I have found that if I turn the box downstairs on before the TV (Toshiba) it usually works - but if the TV gets turned on first it doesn't.

Upstairs (also V6 box but with a Samsung TV) it seems to be the other way around and it only works if you wait for the TV to be ready and then turn the box on!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had this issue over and over again and I believe it comes down to the hdcp and what display settings you've had. Do you also see some white arrows each way on the far right of the TiVo box as it comes out of standby?

Sometimes going into settings and tweaking the display and putting it back can work. Otherwise admins have recommended completely disabling cold standby. The thing is my box hasn't done this for at least 6 months and it's doing it daily now.

0 Kudos