cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 BOX not allowing recovery of recordings as of today!

bigguy283
Up to speed

hi there!
today i find all my deleted recordings now go for good, as there is no folder with deleted tecordings anymore!.
why have virgin removed this option?  IF somebody deleted a recording by mistake , it was still possible to recover it BUT , now this option has been removed from my V6, and i assume all V6 boxes!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigguy283 wrote:

i have noticed that recordings have been showing problems, artifacts, dropping picture,sound on occasions!.

Watch live TV for a short time to prove the incoming feed OK. Now pause the channel and watch slightly delayed. This is also effectively a recording.

If this plays up, it's a good sign of early HDD issues and Roger's advice is spot on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

55 REPLIES 55

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bigguy283 

Are yuo positive that you have a V6 box?

Or do you have a 360 box and a new slimmer remote  with the voice button?

The 360 box doesn't have the facility to undelete.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

most definately a v6 box, i have no voice control remote, just the usuall old style tivo remote.  The deleted programs folder has dissapeared from "my shows" on my v6 box, BUT when i just looked on my mobile, synced to my box , the "recently deleted recordings" folder is showing on my mobile!!! . So there has to be a problem with the menus on my V6 BOX  as of today!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again @bigguy283 

Have you tried rebooting the V6?  

I know, techs always suggest that, but it works in around 75-80% of cases

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigguy283 wrote:

hi there!
today i find all my deleted recordings now go for good, as there is no folder with deleted tecordings anymore!.
why have virgin removed this option?  IF somebody deleted a recording by mistake , it was still possible to recover it BUT , now this option has been removed from my V6, and i assume all V6 boxes!

Make sure “ALL” is selected in the left hand column on “My Shows” & it should be near the bottom of the right hand list. If you select anything other than “ALL” in the left column, the folder disappears.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigguy283 wrote:

most definately a v6 box, i have no voice control remote, just the usuall old style tivo remote.  The deleted programs folder has dissapeared from "my shows" on my v6 box,

Can you post a photo of the bottom of your My Shows screen, out of interest please?

Hi again!  Today i unplugged my box from the mains, held my breath, crossed my fingers, as it started up with the multi language start up welcome screen!. after what seemed like ages, it all started to appear on screen, and now once again, i have the "recently deleted" folder back, with the NETFLIX,YOUTUBE, folders also below that ( i did not even realise,they were also missing yesterday!).
so i reset fixed the issue, BUT does this mean my box is on the way to oblivion?
earlier posts seems to sugest, this is a sign of further problems,  i have noticed that recordings have been showing problems, artifacts, dropping picture,sound on occasions!.
thanks for all your help

Binge watch your recordings because they cannot be transferred to a replacement box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigguy283 wrote:

i have noticed that recordings have been showing problems, artifacts, dropping picture,sound on occasions!.

Watch live TV for a short time to prove the incoming feed OK. Now pause the channel and watch slightly delayed. This is also effectively a recording.

If this plays up, it's a good sign of early HDD issues and Roger's advice is spot on.

hi again!

Incoming feed is good , never have a problem watching live, also went to settings and looked at all tuners signal test , and 2 were on 98%, rest on 100% signal.
And yes when i pause live tv and play delayed i do get occasional glitch picture/sound . The box is only about 9months old, so this is not good for quality, !

thanks for all your help
p.s how do i get a replacement box, i do not want to be without live sports!!!