Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 BOX WARNS ABOUT DISK SPACE 12 DAYS LATER

Just within the last few days whenever I try to set a recording one V6  box warns me I will run out of space 12 DAYS FROM NOW? What? The other V6 that I have does not do this. Anyone got a clue as to what is happening? 

lumatrix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 BOX WARNS ABOUT DISK SPACE 12 DAYS LATER

What is the percentage usage of the V6?

If it’s fairly full, perhaps it's looking forward to what you set to record via series links to say you don’t have enough space?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

What is the percentage usage of the V6?

If it’s fairly full, perhaps it's looking forward to what you set to record via series links to say you don’t have enough space?

No - that's not the answer I  get this whatever the space eg 50-60%. Also this has just started to happen about two weeks ago - nevr happened before and I have two V6 and it does not happen with the other one.

Sorry for the late replies but I am not getting email notices of answers.

lumatrix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo has to assume that all the programmes which will record and those already recorded - will not be deleted. You might me on holiday.

You may or may not be deleting them and if you do the days available then get extended.

It will NOT delete them in 12 days time unless you have run out of space by then.

It is a warning message.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you,

Reason I asked was that this  only started occurring a couple of weeks ago , it's annoying and it does not happen on my other V6. So SNAFU  as yet another 'UPGRADE' proves to be a 'DOWNGRADE'. 

lumatrix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo has always done this since day one - but will only need to report it if you have allocated all your disk space.

It does not happen if all you current recordings and planned recordings fit into the available space without any deletions.

You would only see the same thing at the same time on two different boxes if both had exactly the same records and exactly the same planned recordings.

There was no 'Upgrade' or 'Downgrade' - it has always been there.

Would you rather TiVo kept quiet and just deleted stuff to make space?

@lumatrix wrote:

Hi and thank you,

Reason I asked was that this  only started occurring a couple of weeks ago , it's annoying and it does not happen on my other V6. So SNAFU  as yet another 'UPGRADE' proves to be a 'DOWNGRADE'. 

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)