Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 BOX/REMOTE CONTROL

I have recently upgraded to a V6 box and couldn't get the remote control to work the volume of my TV (when I go to help and settings and select help it doesn't go any further e.g. I can't see "Program your remote" option. VM have sent me a new remote but that doesn't work either. Could it have something to do with the age of my TV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 BOX/REMOTE CONTROL

Hi watsor1,

It's possible that the "new remote" is already programmed to another make of TV and may need resetting before you can program it to work with yours.

Here's a link to a web page with remote codes VM TiVo TV Remote Code List 

There's an online help page with instructions for resetting and then setting up a new remote  using-tv-remote 

If the above fails then one of the Forum Tech guys @BumbleVMTech has some other instructions which have worked for a good number of people 

Go to HOME > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote.  Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try.  You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press ok.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The problem is I can't get to "Program your remote" 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi watsor1,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Have you been able to get your remote set up since posting?

Is it on this part you're struggling to get to the end?  Go to HOME > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote?

Let us know.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos