Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Apps, catch up on demand and other issues

Good evening,

I have a sick V6 that appears to becoming sicker as the week's progress.

The issues that have been reported here surrounding Netflix and Prime also exist for me but,

This is also happening on catch up, on demand, BBC iPlayer YouTube etc.

About once a month when turning on from standby, the light turns from red to white but the TV screen remains black, power cycle rectifies this.

To add insult to injury Dolby Digital keeps dropping out.

I have tried restart, powering down and then restart and left powered down over night and then restarting. Router reboots factory resets etc

Connections are made with qed hdmi 2.0 cable's but this is irrelevant.

I believe that I've covered all the base's here and can see no other options.

I'm hoping the tech guy's at virgin have the answer, but I think the V6 has had its day.

Dave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Apps, catch up on demand and other issues

Hi, just a couple of things to check, issues like this can be caused by Hardware and software issues but also incompatibilities or HDCP issues.  What make of TV is it?

Ensure the TV is connected directly to the V6 (eliminate any amps etc) using a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable.

- Change to a different HDMI Port on the TV

Change power saving settings to 'Connected Low Power' or 'Always on'

- Carry out a Firmware update to TV if theres one available 

-Reset TV back to factory settings

-Change the video resolution on the V6 box, following these steps in turn until you find one that resolves the issue.

1) if 2160p (only) is enabled, also enable 2160p passthrough 

2) Disable both 2160p resolutions, and enable both 1080p resolutions, then retry

3) Disable both 1080p resolutions, and enable 1080i, then retry

4) Disable 1080i and enable 720p, then retry

Try a different TV if possible

Regards

Rich

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Apps, catch up on demand and other issues

Good evening Rich,

The TV is a 2 year old Panasonic OLED and has been working with the V6 flawlessly for the past 2 years.

I have taken note of previous posts on the board and have carried out the advise you suggested before posting.

The V6 is set to always on, directly connected to the TV with HDMI 2.0, software is up to date, factory reset an't happening because the TV is calibrated, but I can't see how this will make your box work.

The apps on the V6 shortly before the fail does not send a HDR signal to the TV, the same apps installed in the TV and from a Nvidia shield do.

I had to carry out a restart before I could change the resolution settings on the V6 because pressing continue sent the box into a black screen like Netflix.

Please can I remind you that everything works fine after the restart for a day or so and then apps HDR and DD stop working.

I find it hard to believe that it's a content protection issue on my part.

If there was a problem with the TV then this would also be showing from the in-built apps on the TV and the Nvidia.

This is very frustrating,

Dave

0 Kudos