Menu
gb2019
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Activation Time Limit?

Dear Community, We have just received (06/05/21) a new V6 box to replace a decade-old TiVo one. Due to other stuff going on I was planning on swapping them over (hopefully!) later this month rather than immediately. Is this ok or does it need to be done sooner? We have started to receive reminder texts from VirginMedia so I thought it best to check in case anything might expire. Many thanks in anticipation. gb2019

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Activation Time Limit?

There isn't any documented time limit, but there's been plenty of reports where boxes have been deactivated after a few weeks of non-use.

Just to save the potential hassle value, I'd get the box up and running sooner rather than later. If you're getting reminders, that's probably for a reason.

Swapping the boxes over should only take perhaps an hour I reckon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Activation Time Limit?

Hi gb2019,

Thanks for your post.

We do ask that customers activate any new equipment within 3 months of receiving it, however it is strongly recommended to activate them as soon as you can really.

If you are looking to activate the box later this month you should be fine - if you do have any issues at all, you know where we are. We'll be more than happy to help further.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos