Menu
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 7400 error code

Recently had a faulty box replaced which installed ok. I am now getting 7400 code on one of my other boxes (not the new one). Someone from virginmedia reset the box from their end which made no difference. She suggested a new box. It just so happens when they sent out the new box for the previous fault two turned up so I suggested I try that one. I plugged it in and it did all the usual software update but hangs when it gets to point of setting up the channels and then wants to keep rebooting.

Any suggestions. I’ve put the old v6 back in because at least it gives me some channels but just displays the annoying 7400 message constantly.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 7400 error code

Hi that code means the box needs to be activated the box needs to be reconnected  the number is 0800 9539500 you will need your details ie account no area code & the serial number of the box.Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On phone now listening to the music. I’m curious to know why a V6 box I’ve had for years would need to be activated.

0 Kudos
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK, I’ve now been told this needs an engineer. Booked for Wednesday.

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

This does not need an Engineer visit and is simply an error with Activation.
What most likely has happened is that they have deactivated the wrong boxes.
I would suggest taking note of the serial numbers of your boxes that you wish to use (So ones currently in use & new one) then call up and ask them make sure the boxes are Activated, otherwise you will be waiting for the Engineer visit for him to do exactly the same thing.

If you need the serial number you an go into Help & Settings > System Info > Diagnostics and it should be the 2nd line down.
V6 boxes start with AAX / AALX and TiVo boxes start with S010.

This is surprisingly quite common when equipment gets sent out in the post, a simple call can rectify it and saves having to wait until Wednesday for the Engineer visit!

Hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I did think there was no need for an engineer visit and did ask if there was anything I could do. I gave the serial number of the box which has the problem but was told they could not contact it.

I’m just going to wait for the engineer to visit as I have so much hassle just trying to speak to an actual person on the phone.

I’ve rung and gone through several different options at the end of which the recorded message said they were closed and call back the next day. I’ve been pointed in the direction of a txt messaging service and had to repeat the same details several times then told I someone would call me.

I’ve been with virgin media since the telewest days and it has got to the stage now where I feel physically sick at the thought of having to ring with any problems.

0 Kudos
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fault fixed. As stated by Spencer_A it could have been sorted without an engineer visit. Why not take note of the serial number of the faulty box over the phone instead of guessing which box needs to be deactivated?

0 Kudos