Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 1
Flag for a moderator

V6 4K HDMI switch (HDCP2.2 compliant)

Hi All

I use an HDMI 4k compliant switch which my v6 and other devices connect into - and then the switch connects to my soundbar. My soundbar is then connected to the TV via ARC.

The above approach enables me to connect multiple devices effectively straight to the soundbar (via the switch) - which resolved a lip sync issue I had when using the TV HDMI ports.....and it is a recommended approach by Sony and others anyway.

Ive been getting 603 errors, which are documented on a different thread. Through plenty of testing it seems that my HDMI switch may be causing the issues. It worked happily up until about 1 or 2 months ago, then all the 603 errors started. I am wondering whether a virgin update had some HDCP tweaks and my switch, which used to be OK, is now no longer compliant. I have been unable to establish if my switch is HDCP 2.2 compliant, but it is a bit odd that after a v6 reboot it would then work happily …. until 5 or 6 hours later...

Anyway...

==> Do others on here connect their v6 to an HDMI switch rather than directly to a soundbar or TV. If so, are you able to recommend a switch - 4k and HDCP2.2 compliant and Virgin friendly?

Thanks....

Tags (3)
0 Kudos