Menu
Scottholden2873
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V53 error and no channels

Hi, need some help please. 

My v6 box has been switching itself off and on at least once a day for the past week. 

when it comes back on it will show error “v53 not authorised to watch this channel” on all channels, last few days that resets itself within a minute or so then today it just won’t let me watch anything. 

yesterday I got a green screen saying the box has major issues and will take 3 hours to repair itself, which it eventually did. 

but today it’s turned off and on and now won’t show any channels. 

tried to speak to an actual person at virgin but get pinged around messages, they run a test and say everything is fine, then cuts me off. 

many help greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V53 error and no channels

Hi it sounds very much like the box has failed so a replacement is only thing, as you have phoned before the system will recognise this so should put you through to a person, I have read on here if you ignore certain auto prompts you will reach a CS person. Regards Micky
Scottholden2873
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I’ll give that a go. Incidentally it’s suddenly working ok for the minute. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Scottholden2873 wrote:

yesterday I got a green screen saying the box has major issues and will take 3 hours to repair itself, which it eventually did. 

If this was the green screen saying "DVR has detected a major problem" your hard drive has failed and any recovery is highly likely to be short-lived.

Call into faults, to arrange your replacement box. If you've called and had the diagnostics tell you all is ok, calling back immediately after will usually result in your joining the call queue for an agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Scottholden2873
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks that’s exactly what it was. It’s been ok today so thought I’d follow up tomorrow. Sounds like from what you’re saying I should have done it straight away but I’ll see how it goes and if it happens tomorrow I’ll call then immediately call back. Thank you. 

0 Kudos