Menu
LaFeeF
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V53 - appearing with Sony Bravia LCD

Hi

My TV broke down during lockdown, so for economic reasons I've been lended a Sony Bravia LCD TV (from 2011). It has the x2 HDMI sockets and a Roku streaming device is working on HDMI 2 port however on HDMI I can see Virgin TV menus (and sometimes a still of the selected programme on screen) but I get the message that I have a V53 and channels aren't available. Anybody know if this is because it's an old TV? Any tips appreciated otherwise I'll have to start saving up for a new TV, worse still, cancel my Virgin subscription and all the lovely channels!

Thanks in advance,

Kathleen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V53 - appearing with Sony Bravia LCD

Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Thanks Scott

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
LaFeeF
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V53 - appearing with Sony Bravia LCD

Thanks Scott - I did have a very short HDMI cable so have played around and noticed that it wasn't as engaged as it could be in the back of the TV - so it is now working! 🙂 🙂
0 Kudos