Menu
Milo23
Joining in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

V401 error

I have a V6 box in the lounge connected to the hub. I have a second box upstairs that is connected via a cable. I used to be able to watch recordings made on one box on the other. Now I can’t and get a V401 error code. I phoned tech support and was asked to turn the hub off and on. No joy. Then turn off both V6 boxes. No joy. Was then told I need to unplug the Ethernet cable and turn everything off. Do that a few time and it should work. I am not impressed. Needless to say, no joy. I have read some other posts on the issue and don’t understand the very technical ones. Is this something that will need an engineer visit to solve? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: V401 error

Hi Milo23, 

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear this. 

Just to confirm which box is getting the error message? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi - both boxes get the error message when trying to watch something recorded on the other. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Milo - we'll need to do some checks with you with your boxes; I'll pop you a Private Message so we can pass security and help you out further. 

Look out for the purple envelope and reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

V401 is usually related to loss of internet connection.

How is the upstairs box connected to the hub? If it is via WiFi then this could be a local congestion issue with neighbours hubs.

If it is wired then turn both hub & the TV boxes off. Turn the hub back on & leave for 5 minutes. Then turn the lounge box on & leave for 5 mins. Then likewise with the upstairs box.

If this does not resolve the issue then tech assistance will be required.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks nodrogd - looks like we're on the same page; I have sent the customer these instructions and awaiting a reply Smiley Happy 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I will follow the instructions. I am not sure how I tell how the box upstairs I’m connected to the hub. The cable comes into the small box outside and there is a cable from that to the hub in lounge and another cable up the wall that goes into the bedroom box. I guess that means both are wired. Thanks! 

S

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i turned the hub and boxes off as per instructions and it’s made no difference. I still get the V401 error message on both boxes when trying to access recordings on the other. 😩

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

As @nodrogd suggests, we need to establish how the upstair box is connected and, if by wifi, determine if that connection is the issue.

On the upstairs box, navigate as follows:

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > View Network Status >

and report:

Link Status

Signal strength

Connection Speed

0 Kudos
Milo23
Joining in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator