Menu
townsendlisa
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V210

Help!! I can see a lot of V210 error code messages posted - I’ve had my V6 box for 2 weeks and I’ve never been able to get catch up, on demand, search, apps etc . I’ve rang Virgin so many times and spoken to a technician. I don’t know what else to do? Ethernet cable and WiFi seem be be OK. I’m very disappointed.I’m actually missing my clunky TiVo box. Can anyone help ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V210

Hi townsendlisa,

error v210 is a network connection. The V6 works best with an ethernet connection.

Have you tried rebooting the hub and V6 box?

What are the lights on the router doing?

Using your V6 remote please can you try the following:-

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Please can you try playing a catchup program, Netflix, BBC IPlayer etc and see if they are working now

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
townsendlisa
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, no change. I can’t even see any apps . V210 error for catch up, on demand, search temporarily unavailable and no apps 😞  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that didn't work.

What are the lights doing on the router?

Are you connected using an ethernet cable?

Does the program guide function correctly?

It looks like you might need to call in to tech support.  

You should call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

You could wait and see if Forum Staff pick this up, but it may be a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
townsendlisa
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Router light is solid white

All TV service and programme functions are fine

I am connected via an Ethernet cable and the light is on on the back of the router where cable is connected. 

if I have to ring tech support (again) what should I say? Because I’m going around in circles trying to resolve this 😞  

thank you 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again townsendlisa,

sorry had to amend my Sainsbury's order before 11pm, I wasn't ignoring you.

One final check to make. Go round all the Virgin cables and make sure they are tightly connected/screwed in.

Once that's done please go to the top of this page and click on Check service status ( you might have to log in) This might show if there are any issues in your area. If it doesn't  show any then please click on Run Test for the TV and see if it brings up anything

If there's still no change, or it tells you to contact tech  then you need to say:-

I’ve had my V6 box for 2 weeks, my old Tivo had no issues but now I'm unable to use catch up, on demand, search, apps etc.

I have no problems browsing the internet. All the Virgin cables are tightly connected/screwed in

The V6 is connected by ethernet cable, and I have rebooted both router and V6. There's a solid white light on the router.

The program guide is populated. and I have no problems viewing live TV. There are no apps are showing on the box

I've been into network settings on the V6 and reconnected, no change    

Dave

0 Kudos
townsendlisa
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it didn’t work but thanks for all your help and I’ll contact tech

0 Kudos