Menu
Alanhampstead
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V210 error code

for over two weeks cannot access catch up. Box say V210 error ....but Virgin say V210 is unknown!!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V210 error code

Hi Alanhampstead,

Error v210 is/was  a network connection. The V6 works best with an ethernet connection.

Go round all the Virgin cables and make sure they are tightly connected/screwed in.

Click on Check service status at the top of this page. This might show if there are any issues in your area. If it doesn't  show any then please click on Run Test for the TV and see if it brings up anything. You could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

What are the lights on the router doing? Are you connected using an ethernet cable? Have you tried rebooting the hub and V6 box?

You can also try a pinhole factory reset of the hub.

Does the program guide function correctly? Using your V6 remote please can you try the following:-

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Please can you try playing a catchup program, Netflix, BBC IPlayer etc and see if they are working now

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alanhampstead
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I really appreciate your response. Unfortunately none of your suggestions work.

Unable to make contact with Virgin. They keep on passing the buck - not answering the phone - just telling us to look at their web pages.

Now not only can we NOT see the pprogramme listings we are getting the following error messages:

V210

C133

N17

Virgin you are happy to take our money from long standing loyal customers you are just failing in all directions. I am considering making complains to the Communications Office and Trading Standards!  Alan

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Let's cover some basics then - all of the symptoms and error messages you describe all point at the V6 having a problem with its internet connection.

The box relies on a connection to your VM homehub to go online - which includes your EPG (guide) updates, VOD (VideoOnDemand) and other functions. So how is it connected - Ethernet or WiFi?

Further advice can follow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alanhampstead
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V210, C133 & N17 error codes

Hi Helpful

it is connected by Ethernet cable. We shall try another cable  shortly. If you have solved the problems you are a genius!

Will report back later. Thank you so much for your help so far. it is appreciated.

Regards

Alan

0 Kudos