Menu
Mazmaxwell
Just joined
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V202 error

I have been having the v202 error since getting my v6 box last year. The person on the phone couldn’t fix it - my old box in my bedroom still works and allows me to access catch up and on demand services.

has anyone actually had a fix provided or have the boxes had to be replaced? Really Don’t  want to spend time with someone on the phone again and now with a further price increase I am considering leaving virgin as the service I pay for is not being provided

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: V202 error

Hi Mazmaxwell, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the trouble you've had with this error. 

Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page: virg.in/service? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Please keep us posted.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tracy10
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am currently having the same issues with saying program currently unavailable error code v202 , all day it has happened keeps saying try again in a few minutes.  Have gone through the test to see if any problems but that says it's fine,  turned off at back of machine still nowt . Does anyone know whether it is a common problem and will rectify itself soon or ? We are currently on the highest package with virgin. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tracey10,

virgin-tv-error-codes/v202  shows there may be an issue or some planned work in your area. If you log into My Virgin Media at the top of the page it may show a local issue and estimated completion date -  you can run a test on your equipment from there as well.

If no issues are showing you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tracy10
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's been 3 days now and still havnt resolved the issue of the v202 error message , its come up with c501 error  did the tivo settings check all is good according to it and there are no issues in our current area as have just checked . Any ideas of how to resolve this issue as am getting abit fed up as cant watch what has been recorded on the box .

0 Kudos
Gooner11
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm unable to view on demand or catch up due to error v202, been like this for 3 days, tried rebooting box with no luck. Also checked service status but no known problems in area. Can someone from virgin media please sort this out.

0 Kudos
OWL43
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V202 error for 4 days so far!
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Tracy10 wrote:

It's been 3 days now and still havnt resolved the issue of the v202 error message , its come up with c501 error  did the tivo settings check all is good according to it and there are no issues in our current area as have just checked . Any ideas of how to resolve this issue as am getting abit fed up as cant watch what has been recorded on the box .

Are you saying that this error is happening with recorded programs? V202 normally relates to network connectivity issues that should only affect VOD services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tracy10
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's only recorded programs on the TiVo box everything else seems fine at the moment 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any specific programs that are affected? And are new recordings affected? Are you sure that these "recordings" aren't shortcuts to Video On Demand programs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos