Menu
Hexme
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V202 and more

Having posted on the internet part of this forum and receiving virtually no helpful advice I thought I'd try here as it seems a connected issue.

I cannot access any catchup, or on demand, it states V202 - not available try later...

I've tried the faults page and there seems to be no problem in my area but after running the app I get the following message... 

Screenshot 2020-12-26 094028.png I also get the same message when running the same test on the internet part of the service status.

With regard to the Internet I phoned Customer services about the message and they sent out an engineer. On arrival he blamed Customers services and said it was an account issue and customer services stated it was a engineer problem, so after some considerable time on the phone to Customer services again 2 weeks ago they said they would have to send out another engineer???  

They also sent me a V6 box in the post to replace the temporary Tivo box I had, It had no remote or cables in the box, was just lucky that the engineer was visiting that day who supplied me with what I needed, his reply was 'That's Typical' 

I really didn't feel like spending multiple hours on the customer service phone line trying to get help and not getting an answer which can help me, I've tried that for several hours after installation and still feel totally mugged off. Can someone help me please?

Sorry to sound so negative but alone at Christmas all I wanted was to watch my TV and Catchup!

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V202 and more

V202 is usually an account issue. The call centre should delete your box off your account and then re add it again but trying to get someone competent to do this is hard

0 Kudos
Hexme
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm really considering signing a cheap contract from sky so things work properly. So far after installation I've had nothing but problems that no one seems to be able to fix. I'm hoping I might het these issues fixed before my contract expires in 17 months not that i'm counting.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My idea would be to follow the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v202 and if that fails, to call Virgin Media (as per previous advice) and get your account & local area checked over.

If there is an area issue causing this, it should be listed on 0800 5610061. But any account issue will need VM C/S to intervene, and that is best done by calling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hexme
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply,

I've tried  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v202  and https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status (no known issues) multiple times over the last few weeks coupled with multiple phone calls to VM customer services, as per my original post an engineer was sent but blamed customer services and vice versa...

At this time I'm just about to throw in the towel after being shut in over Christmas hoping to watch some catch up and box sets and chill out after a horrendous year.

To be honest spending 2 or 3 more hours on the phone to VM customer services won't solve this issue and will do my head in especially with the terrible music they put on whilst waiting. I guess I'm stumped.

Thanks anyway.      

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The only thing I'd add, is that the online status page you've cited, is good for high-level issues that affect thousands of customers.

The phone-line that I've mentioned, is better for localised faults and (quite often) down to street & postcode level. OnDemand issues such as yours, tend to be more localised by nature.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hexme
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The phone-line that I've mentioned, is better for localised faults and (quite often) down to street & postcode level. OnDemand issues such as yours, tend to be more localised by nature.

Apparently no faults.

0 Kudos