Menu
China236doll
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Using remote control

Just recently I have noticed that using the remote to control channel change or scroll through my shows has changed. 

Usually I could press one button after another and go as fast as I could and there would be no problem. 

But now I have noticed that I have to wait for the tivo box light to blink twice before I can press another button on the remote. 

I have never had to do this before. 

I have changed the batteries in the remote and turned off the tivo box but still it does it .

It still works but it gets annoying when I press the buttons on the remote but the tivo box light hasn't blinked twice so the  command doesn't register. 

Has anybody else had this issue  ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using remote control

A factory rest fixes this but you then have to reprogram the volume in again. 

To reset hold TV and clear together untill remote flashes then thumbs down 3 times then ok. 

0 Kudos
China236doll
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your message we have already tried this but it didn't work  🙁

0 Kudos
China236doll
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Using remote control

Just recently I have noticed that using the remote to control channel change or scroll through my shows has changed. 

Usually I could press one button after another and go as fast as I could and there would be no problem. 

But now I have noticed that I have to wait for the tivo box light to blink twice before I can press another button on the remote. 

I have never had to do this before. 

I have changed the batteries in the remote and turned off the tivo box but still it does it .

It still works but it gets annoying when I press the buttons on the remote but the tivo box light hasn't blinked twice so the  command doesn't register. 

Has anybody else had this issue  ?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Is it a V6 remote you are using?

Sometimes these remotes unpair from Bluetooth and go back to Infrared. 

If it is a V6 remote, try and go into the settings for the Remote and pair the remote again to V6 then you will notice a difference in speed when navigating.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
China236doll
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply. 

It is a tivo box with remote. 

How do I know if its Bluetooth or infrared  ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
China236doll
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Christy 

thanks for that suggestion just looked at it said there is no remote paired with this tivo box .

So paired it and wow it works properly again. Brilliant. 

Thanks for your help 

Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No problem! Glad its all working again 😄

Take Care

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
China236doll
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

We had a virgin media technician out recently to fix a problem with our broadband and he changed a few of the connections ....just wondering if he somehow did something that caused the remote issue as it was perfect before...

Dont suppose you got any ideas on how to get the remote to control the volume on an Hitachi TV  ?

We have gone through all the codes on the virgin media site and loads more on Google but it still doesn't control volume...we have to use the TV remote for that   ....

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If you hold down the 'TV' button and the 'Clear' button together until the light flashes green twice above the home button

Then type in 0999 on the keypad

Keep on pressing up on the the 'CH' button until the TV turns off. 

Once the TV has turned off, Turn it back on with the V6 remote by pressing/holding the Standby button.

Once the TV has turned back on select 'OK' and it will store the code.

The Volume, Mute and Standby buttons should work the TV now.

Thanks

Christy

0 Kudos