Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Using a TiVo AND a V6

Hi, I’ve had a TiVo box for years and I’m not ready to part with it yet, as have lots of unwatched programmes. I’ve been sent a V6 box. I only have 1 television. I’ve told VM that I’ll keep the original TiVo box as a multi room for the extra £7.50 a month. I’ve read somewhere that V6 can play what you’ve got recorded on the other box. Is this right? Otherwise, I don’t know how I’ll keep my TiVo connected as apparently you can’t split a coaxial cable. This is really stressing me out!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using a TiVo AND a V6

A VM technician will split the cloax. But £7.50pm is a lot to pay for unwatched programs, so can you copy them to a DVD recorder as the TiVo has a SCART socket (unlike the V6).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using a TiVo AND a V6

I did exactly what you want to do when I replaced my TiVo with V6. £7.50 a month for a few months isn’t too bad.

I, too, had a single TV which is downstairs and a Hub 3.0 for broadband upstairs.

What I needed to do was replace TiVo with V6 downstairs,using WiFi for it’s internet connection, move the TiVo to beside the Hub 3.0, connected via a splitter to co-ax and Ethernet to the Hub 3.0 by direct cable. I then watched the TiVo’s recordings by MultiRoom Streaming on the TV downstairs.

Virgin Media would need to supply the splitter and install it to ensure the power levels stay within spec as splitters affect them.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos