Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Using V6 box in another house

I have 2 VM accounts, one for where I live and 2nd property for student tenants where I pay the bills. The student tenants want fast internet so was thinking of subscribing for top 500mb broadband which is only available as part of Ultimate Oomph bundle. So my question is whether I can take the V6 boxes from the student house and use them at my property where I live (with a basic Bigger Bundle). Both houses are same area code.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using V6 box in another house

Depends on how many V6 boxes you can have on the basic bundle you can have. plus if you can have more than one box you might not be able to simply take one from one property to another. plus there'll be a charge for having more than one box. 

best ring them I would think.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You won't get a discount off Bigger Bundle by bringing the V6s over. Best to return the V6s and have yours delivered to you as it would probably confuse the VM agent by doing something out of the ordinary.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

For me, the bottom line is straightforward.

You can’t take equipment from one account and use it at another as all equipment is associated with an account.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I think that in this case it's a bit different as the OP wants to take the two yet-to-be activated V6s to his home and use them at no additional cost.

--
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Shafybobs, thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

In regards to our V6 boxes, the virtual cards attached to each individual box are synced up to the specific services for the account they're listed on with the specific address attached to this. So, if you were to take the V6 boxes to your other property you would find that these would not be synced up to work in a different property to the one they are subscribed to work for.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

As has always been the case, you can only use the equipment on the account at the registered address. All these boxes are tied to the local cabinet for the address they are allocated too. Connect to another one & they are automatically disabled.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G wrote:

In regards to our V6 boxes, the virtual cards attached to each individual box are synced up to the specific services for the account they're listed on with the specific address attached to this. So, if you were to take the V6 boxes to your other property you would find that these would not be synced up to work in a different property to the one they are subscribed to work for.

Thank you, Emily.

I would have thought that the syncing you refer to would happen when the MAC address is registered to the account when the box is activated. If I'm right then the OP can take the two V6s to his house and get them activated so long as he's contracted for two boxes.

--
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Emily_G wrote:

Thank you, Emily.

I would have thought that the syncing you refer to would happen when the MAC address is registered to the account when the box is activated. If I'm right then the OP can take the two V6s to his house and get them activated so long as he's contracted for two boxes.

Two V6 boxes on one account and a hub on another won’t work. The boxes have to be on the same account as the hub & on the same part of the network.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

But surely the activation registers the device to your account, so in this case the two V6s and the hub will be on the same account.

--
0 Kudos