Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upstairs box think its v6 staying on starting up

Hi there just recently had virginmedia supplied had one box downstairs and waited following week to have the other done upstairs as we had no cables so downstairs good upstairs stopped on starting up mode have done a reset turned of back off box held the +and standby button the turned it on to welcome but just went to starting up again need help please .......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upstairs box think its v6 staying on starting up

Sounds either a failed software update or faulty box, it'll likely need VM faults intervention regardless.

Remember the V6 needs a stable internet connection via your Home hub as well as the incoming co-ax for the TV signal. This connection should ideally be Ethernet but can be WiFi if the signal is strong enough.

VM staff respond on here, but the current wait is upto a week, so I'd strongly recommend calling TV Faults and being patient... if at all possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upstairs box think its v6 staying on starting up

Hi mariabrooks,

Have you activated the that's stuck on starting up?

Try rebooting the box please. If the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone 0800 953 9500 to get your box activated. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

If the activation line isn't picking up then try speaking to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone 

The best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali