Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to v6 box from TiVo for vulnerable customer

hi all, 

my 85 year old father in law wants to watch the football on amazon Prime (of which he is a member) but he hasn’t got a v6 box. 

My questions are ; firstly, could we order a v6 box for him, 2nd, how much would it cost and thirdly, could it be installed for him? We are 100 miles away and both he and us live in tier 3 areas. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading to v6 box from TiVo for vulnerable customer

Hi simpler to get an Amazon fire stick, as if you are not the account holder its difficult for virgin to deal with yourselves. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks, I'll look into that - only it says on the website that you can nominate another family member to manage your account but I can't find anything that explains how. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If a nominated family member can quote the full name of the account holder and their password, that is normally sufficient for third party authority.

Edit: As far as installing goes, the V6 needs two connections.. 1: The incoming co-ax carrying your TV signals, same as any VM box. 2: Either a (reliable) WiFi or (ideally) Ethernet cable to your VM superhub for the internet.

TiVo > V6 swaps can often be done using self-install "Quick Start" with no need for an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@linmarie wrote:

thanks, I'll look into that - only it says on the website that you can nominate another family member to manage your account but I can't find anything that explains how. 

Just to add you also need broadband for a Amazon fire stick 

0 Kudos