Menu
gillirobin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to a V6 box?

Hi, I've been with virgin for 9 years now and have always had the same TiVo box.  This weekend I bought a fab OLED LG TV with a smart remote but the TiVo box is so old the remote cannot control it.  Neither can the virgin app access the contents of my TiVo box.  It's quite frustrating that I can't use things properly just because the box is so old. 

Do virgin ever give new V6 boxes to replace old TiVo's to existing customers?

Thank you

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to a V6 box?

You'll probably have to pay a large upfront fee, a price hike or both. They let you 'upgrade' to the inferior TV 360 platform for £50.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you have VM Broadband as well?

It is a requirement of the V6 & V360 that you do. If you are a TV only customer you are stuck with the type you have.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gillirobin
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  I have TV, broadband and phone with them, but only on the basic TV package which probably doesn't help me, I think I'm just going to get a Freeview box that records as the TV remote supports that.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are no hard & fast rules for the costs of swapping a TiVo to a V6, but with supply issues flaring up now & again VM are sometimes restricting unnecessary (non-fault) swapouts which may impact on the pricing.

If you're willing to re-contract for 18months that will help your cause, but ultimately this is one for calling in, asking nicely and seeing what the outcome is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks