Menu
AccordionJoe
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to a V6 box - more costly than you think.

If you're thinking of upgrading from a TIVO to a V6 box, here's something to consider.

When my old TIVO box started to display odd bands of colour across the screen on playback I thought it would be a good time to upgrade to a V6 box with all its benefits. According to the Virgin Media website, to upgrade from my Player package I could only move up to the Mix package (50 more channels) at £8/month extra and pay a Service Activation charge of £35.

When I rang up to make all the changes, all this was confirmed, so I agreed, and the V6 box arrived a couple of days later for me to install. A day later I received an email confirming the £8/month update which also stated "There is also a one-off charge of £134.95 for installation or activation"

Reading the "legal stuff", they can charge an Equipment Activation fee on top of the Service Activation fee of £35, but nowhere is this £100 stated on the website or when I rang up. When I complained to the Accounts Dept, they said sorry, buts that's how it is.

So beware, although I'm only renting the V6 box, I'm paying £100 to make the update, and I'm fitting it myself! After over 20 years with Telewest and Virgin, I'm not impressed.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading to a V6 box - more costly than you think.

This is wrong. There is a £99 activation charge to add a second box, but if you only have one it should not cost you that even with a manned install.

A member of the Forum Team staff should respond shortly & may be able to sort this out.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to a V6 box - more costly than you think.

Hello AccordionJoe

I am sorry if you have been given any incorrect information

I can happily look at this for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos