Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading from M350 to M500

Hey guys, I'm upgrading to the M500 so it was cheaper for me to take a tv subscription with free sports for 3 months rather than the standalone M500, I don't need the tv so wasn't going to bother setting it up.  One of the online operators said I have to connect the v6 box to get the speed upgrade as it's part of a bundle!  is this correct? The v6 was supposed to be delivered today and the change to M500 was supposed to happen today, but it was a no show from Yodle. I've restarted the hub a couple of times but the speed upgrade has not been applied.

Thanks in advance.😁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading from M350 to M500

The broadband upgrade and addition of TV are together in one upgrade. This means that the broadband upgrade won’t take effect until you’ve taken delivery and activated the TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading from M350 to M500

A couple of years ago when I upgraded to 350MB it was cheaper if I took an unwanted TV package. I didn't need to connect the VM TiVO box (never even opened it), as soon as it was delivered I just called the automated activation line and the upgrade went ahead with no problem.