cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades effective from midnight?

JMcGee
Joining in

I've upgraded my TV deal to include BT/TNT so I can watch UFC at 1am, but the upgrade won't come into effect till "tomorrow".

Does anyone know if this will be from midnight or not? The guy on the phone couldn't say for sure but maybe someone can speak from personal experience?

It's a very specific situation and therefore quite a longshot but I might aswell ask

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JMcGee 

If you did the regrade over the phone then the extra channels are usually added immediately, unless you are also going to receive new equipment, in which they won't be updated until your new equipment is installed and activated. Any other method normally takes between 48 and 72 hours as the channels need to be added manually.

Since the telphone agent said it will be tomorrow then it could be at any point up until midnight tomorrow.

If you have a V6 box (you've posted in the V6 forum) you can try to update your channels by using your remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels and allowing around 10 minutes or so to update

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No I have no new equipment coming and the fact that it's supposed to be added immediately makes it all the more annoying as I really need to watch this event. He spent a while trying to find a way to get it done today but said there's no way. I'm not sure what box it is

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JMcGee wrote:

I'm not sure what box it is

There's photos of the 3 boxes at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software and have the TiVo-logo in the top-right corner next to the video preview.

TV360 runs Horizon software and doesn't have this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's a V6. I phoned up again and the reason it wasn't being implemented immediately is because it was being automatically classed as a downgrade because I had a few extras removed from the phone part of the deal (which I didn't know about).

Anyway a representative on the phone was able to check & confirm that it will be available from midnight, after 2 others told me there was no way to tell.

Hi @JMcGee 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

Were you able to access TNT Sports in time?

Regards,
Daniel

Not until after 5am. They probably lied just to get me off the phone. Hence why the guy on the first call couldn't tell me

Hi @JMcGee thanks for your reply, although we're sorry to hear of this.

Despite this, we're pleased that you do now have TNT Sports going forward.

If you do need us in the future please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W