Menu
Wir3tap
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to Ultimate Oomph

So I got the Ultimate Oomph today, however when I go to Sky UHD Cinema, its asking me to subscribe?   

My Broadband Ping - Home
0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to Ultimate Oomph

Unless you are a brand new subscriber, then it is an extra £6 for UHD even on Ultimate Oomph.

0 Kudos
Wir3tap
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Shouldn't it be called Little Less then Ultimate Oomph then? 😛

My Broadband Ping - Home
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph is a combination of TV, broadband, fixed line & mobile services.

On TV, it gives you.. Maxit TV, Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema HD, Kids add-on and an additional multiroom box.

Sky Sports UHD is a chargeable add-on that is only "included" if you're a brand-new customer to VM - which if you have a V6 box, you're not. Existing customers migrating to UO will need to negotiate to include the UHD add-on as part of the package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Sky Sports UHD is a chargeable add-on that is only "included" if you're a brand-new customer to VM - which if you have a V6 box, you're not. Existing customers migrating to UO will need to negotiate to include the UHD add-on as part of the package.

Think you made a typo there my friend.

VM don't have Sky Sports UHD  yet, unless as a VIP you've let us know in error some confidential information.

It should be Sky Entertainment & Cinema UHD 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nope, it was a typo.

@Wir3tapScratch my previous - it should have read...

"Ultimate Oomph is a combination of TV, broadband, fixed line & mobile services.

On TV, it gives you.. Maxit TV, Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema HD, Kids add-on and an additional multiroom box.

Sky Entertainment UHD is a chargeable add-on that is only "included" if you're a brand-new customer to VM - which if you have a V6 box, you're not. Existing customers migrating to UO will need to negotiate to include the UHD add-on as part of the package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Wir3tap
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We didn't have Virgin Cable, we only had broadband so never had the boxes etc.  

My Broadband Ping - Home
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah, so you were new to Virgin TV, but an existing customer with what was effectively a bundle change.

I'm almost certain that will make you "existing" where the UO/UHD debate is concerned.

0 Kudos