cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to UHD Sports - still not activated

Ayates1
Tuning in

Hi, I was given an email offer to upgrade to UHD sports (before the ashes started) - I accepted the offer but it still hasn't been activated and Ashes is nearly 1/2 over. Online chat seems to have disappeared too. Please tell me how I can get this turned on?. I know 3rd World problems.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sky Sports UHD works fine on the V6, I watched the F1 on it over the weekend after upgrading with this offer. However when I did the upgrade I tried twice online and it never actually went through, I got a confirmation e-mail saying the upgrade was in progress but it never actually happened. In the end I had to phone up and they were able to activate it at the reduced price, although I believe the offer has now expired, so might be more hassle to try and get the price honoured.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Corinneangela
Knows their stuff

Which TV box do you have? V6 or the newer 360? Only the 360 can do UHD sports, not the V6. I read a similar thread on here saying that Virgin should not have made the offer to anyone on the V6.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ayates1,

Welcome to our Community Forums.

When did you upgrade and what box do you have?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sky Sports UHD works fine on the V6, I watched the F1 on it over the weekend after upgrading with this offer. However when I did the upgrade I tried twice online and it never actually went through, I got a confirmation e-mail saying the upgrade was in progress but it never actually happened. In the end I had to phone up and they were able to activate it at the reduced price, although I believe the offer has now expired, so might be more hassle to try and get the price honoured.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can confirm, the same as @Tavis75,  that the Sky Sports UHD channels work on both the V6 and 360 boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, it is a V6 box..and I see that the UHD channels are greyed out except the Virgin UHD channel (which I've always had)  - Guess it doesn't matter any more. So long as I don't see it on my bill, which I'm watching. Poor service from Virgin though , chance to Upsell failed. 

Hello Ayates1.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to see the UHD content failed to work.

I can take a look into this for you if you like?

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security, should you decide to change your mind.
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L