Menu
Andy111
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to 360

Hi does anyone know how long the software to update the V6 box to the 360 box takes.

Spoke to a guy at Virgin on the phone Thursday pm and he assured me he has now upgraded my account from 2 V6 boxes to 2 360 boxes and it would be done over the air. 

Now I understand we have to wait for the new remotes, however I've noticed the current v6 bxs are still not showing any option to upgrade. I've disconnected and switched back on and also rebooted our Router. Is this normal and does it take a few days to update the boxes or has he made an error. Anyone got an info? 

0 Kudos
deans6571
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to 360

@Andy111 wrote:

Hi does anyone know how long the software to update the V6 box to the 360 box takes.

Spoke to a guy at Virgin on the phone Thursday pm and he assured me he has now upgraded my account from 2 V6 boxes to 2 360 boxes and it would be done over the air. 

Now I understand we have to wait for the new remotes, however I've noticed the current v6 bxs are still not showing any option to upgrade. I've disconnected and switched back on and also rebooted our Router. Is this normal and does it take a few days to update the boxes or has he made an error. Anyone got an info? 

...I think you have to wait until the remotes arrive and you have them in your hand before you'll see the upgrade option on your screen.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy111

When you request to upgrade from V6 to 360 you are sent new voice remotes for each set top box.

As part of the upgrade process,  an update app will appear either on set top box home screen, or in the all apps folder.

The update app appeared on my V6 on the morning my new remotes arrived.

The onscreen information advises it can take up to 30 minutes to perform the changeover, however in my case it only took 10 minutes for each box.

The update instructions were printed on the inside cover of the box my remotes came in, screen shot below.

For anybody else reading this thread that wants to upgrade, you should be able process the upgrade using the following link

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/virgin-tv-360-upgrade 

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
deans6571
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Andy111 wrote:

....I would also advise to read the first few pages of the 360 Forum before you update (Virgin TV 360 - Virgin Media Community ) as there are ALOT of features that the 360 cannot do, which your current V6 can.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The following page lists what's available, some of the differences,  and how to perform certain actions on the new 360 interface

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos