Menu
jastorrie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade Tivo to V6

Hi all,

we have a Tivo box and are looking to upgrade to a V6 box and I have reviewed the help videos but I have a couple of questions.

We have VM broadband and the tivo box which have seperate co-ax cables to the Tivo box and the VM router. The instructions from the video seem to imply that the new V6 box uses an ethernet cable I assume from the router.

Q1: I assume i remove the coax cable to the tivo box and connect to the router via ethernet as I don't at this time want to use WiFi?

Q2. there is a card in the Tivo box that I understand authenticates the box to VM but there is no mention of this in the installation video, is it still used or is authentication done in a different manner?

Thanks in advance.

Regards John

0 Kudos
campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade Tivo to V6

Hi

to answer your questions 

The V6 still requires the coax cable. The Ethernet is used for web based features. 

All virgins boxes now use virtual cards. They are created when the box gets added to the account. If your TiVo has a card it is now redundant. 

hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jastorrie
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Tivo to V6

hi campo7,

Thanks for the swift answer that makes the upgrade just a plug & play as I don't have to run ethernet cables at this time.

Can you point me to the page to order a V6 box as I seem to be having trouble locating it possible due to the current situation.

Regards John

0 Kudos