Menu
Axmis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade Hell

Honestly what a **bleep** show this is (pardon my french), it all started about 2 weeks after i got virgin TV, to go with my Virgin broadband, i rang virgin and was about to leave to go back to sky for multiroom which at the time i was unaware virgin did, the gentlemen on the phone said he could do me a deal where i would keep my current tv and BB package but get an additional box which i thought was great and ever since then its been hell.

He actually downgraded my package from Maxit tv to mix tv so thats basically 100 channels less, i cant use my sky cinema which im subscribed to because it just says try again later or call this number even though i am subscribed to it but anyway i had a look online and saw the ultimate bundle which is 500mb BB and the 260 channel tv including sky cinema etc.. so i rang up and explained the situation and was told i can upgrade to that so i did, or so i thought, turns out because that package requires an engineer to fit the second box which they arent doing atm because of the virus my whole package wont go live until that engineer comes to my house, which could be months away.

I have rang virgin so many times now with this problem that im dreading my phone bill honestly, each time they say yes you are going live on this day and the day before comes and i get a text saying the engineer isnt coming because of the virus even though ive been assured multiple times because i asked them that the engineer was 100% coming on the scheduled day and there goes my package again, so im stuck on mix tv with no sky cinema even though ive paid for it and to be honest if this cant get sorted im just going to go back to sky because its ridiculous.

My app says i have Mix tv and the website says i have maxit tv, i definitely do not have maxit tv as i only have access to 100 or so channels so someone has messed up my account something chronic somewhere.

I just need to be put on the ultimate package with the 260 channels including sky cinema etc.. and the 500mb internet for £99 a month as my partner recently started working from home and i need the wifi boosters that you are only eligible for when on the ultimate package, the second tv box can be fitted whenever this pandemic is over i dont care about that i just need to internet and tv.

To top it all off ive been charged £130 for a service i cant use

Send help.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Hell

"That package requires an engineer to fit the second box which they arent doing atm because of the virus my whole package wont go live until that engineer comes to my house, which could be months away."

The good news is that Virgin Media are beginning to install 2nd boxes from this Monday (15th June) 

"I have rang virgin so many times now with this problem that im dreading my phone bill"

Hopefully more good news. Calls to Virgin Media are free by dialling 150 from a Virgin Media landline, or by calling 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.    All numbers that start with 03 are charged at the same rate as standard landline numbers that start with '01' or '02'. If your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines, calls to 0345 numbers will also be included on the same basis.

"as my partner recently started working from home and i need the wifi boosters that you are only eligible for when on the ultimate package"

If you’re a Virgin Fibre customer with Maxit TV, you can get an intelligent WiFi Booster to use at no extra cost.

WiFi Boosters cost £3 extra per month for all other broadband customers who need one.

I would say call them again on either Monday or Tuesday morning at 8am to avoid waiting in a queue to progress your current issues.

Hopefully a member of the forum team may be able to pick up on this and offer a helping hand.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Axmis
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Im hoping they can fix it but at this point im unsure, my app and the website say 2 different things as to what package im on, ive received a sim that isnt on my account, my tv still isnt working even though the website says i have maxit tv. i honestly think there are multiple packages on my account that a clashing with eachother, also with the boosters i was told i had to be on the ultimate package to be eligible for them, i need them as there is a blackspot in my house (old house problems) and the ones you can get from shops can be quite expensive. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hell Axmis

I have had a read of your post and I would like to get all this sorted out for you as quick as possible.

Can you check the purple envelope top right of your screen for some security questions please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos