cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwatchable channels

Stephen14
Joining in

I noticed yesterday that some channels had become completely unwatchable.

20210926_121447.jpg

I don't know exactly how many channels are affected, initially I thought it was just free view channels but its on more than that, the picture above is sky sports f1 HD. Has anybody ever had this issue and know how to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a pretty extreme example, but the standard advice to pixellation queries applies just as much...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stephen14, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to see the issues you have been experiencing with the service. 

I just wanted to check in and see if you are still seeing the pixelation of the channels?

Have you rebooted the equipment since this issue began?

Thanks 

Nat 

Nat

As far as I can see, at the moment it seems to be working fine. I did reboot but that didn't fix the issue at the time. All is well at the moment so I'll keep a watch on the channels that I know were affected.

Thanks

A loose cable connection can cause the same effect - but intermittantly.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi Stephen14,

Thanks for giving that a go.

Can you please turn on your set top box if it is currently switched off so that we can run some diagnostic checks on your box for you? This will help us see whether there are any signal issues affecting your connection and if so, we can book an engineer if not a result of an area outage.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth