Menu
DebonairDave
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Universal Series Link+ Modification / Change all existing Series Links to Streaming Only

Greetings all...😀

First time poster and new member, but reasonably experienced two-box TiVo>V6 user of 6 years. 

Thinking this is rather a long shot, but as the equally long title suggests (just trying to find a catch-all term to help anyone searching for similar), I'm simply wondering if there's any way to switch all my existing Series Links to "Streaming Only" - as opposed to individually checking the status of all 308 that I’ve amassed over the years, across various boxes.

In order to maximise the overall content I have access to within the bounds of the system, I always run my harddrive near-enough full capacity, thus preferring to stream everything I possibly can. I therefore have my Series Link+ settings set to "Streaming Only" as default, and manually change any I need to - leaving more space free for 4K, stuff I want to keep long-term, or anything else I can’t stream, all preferably in HD. Instead of any deliberation over recording content I’ll possibly never watch (it taking up needless space on the drive, then regularly having to go through and delete what I least want), I also find this ability to essentially shortcut-bookmark a whole series with a couple of taps (a function V6 badly needs across all content) encourages me to widen my viewing options - especially with increasingly more content available to stream across all channels.

In keeping with this, I obviously don't want any older content I linked years ago (before "Streaming Only" was an option) reairing, rerecording and overwriting more recently aired, intended recordings I'd rather keep instead (if not forever, thus not locked). Nevertheless, (as opposed to simply deleting them) I’d still like to keep these older links in a "Streaming Only" capacity, in case they are already available to stream - or become so in the future.

I know the Android TV Control App allows you to manage your Series Links and highlight as many as you like to supposedly "edit". However, these options seem confined merely to batch cancellation - meanwhile the options on the "Manage My TiVo" desktop site are even more limited in this regard.

Apologies if this has gotten a bit long-winded, but as a new member I'm simply trying to add as much detail, rationale and justification as possible to my query - purely in order to get the specific answer I'm looking for. Just to reiterate, I'm looking to switch all my existing Series Links to "Streaming Only" - instead of having to change over 300 individually. 

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 😀

David.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Universal Series Link+ Modification / Change all existing Series Links to Streaming Only

Short answer, no you can't do this.

You can amend the default setting for new SLs, and you can (as you're aware) amend existing SLs individually.

But you can't change the settings for existing SLs en-masse.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DebonairDave
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Universal Series Link+ Modification / Change all existing Series Links to Streaming Only

Thanks for confirming what I regrettably already presumed.

Despite Virgin's V6 being a reasonable-enough attempt at the catch-all, universal home entertainment service they like to think it is, this is yet another perfect example, of yet another hole, that easily prevents it from being the near-perfect system it should be for the money they charge.

Perhaps if Darth Vader (John Malone), Greg Maffei and their various Liberty businesses had invested the million dollars on system upgrades like this - that they instead contributed to the presidential inauguration of a complete cretin like Donald Trump - we wouldn't need to be having this conversation, and they'd have more subscribers...

Oh, and the text form on the mobile version of this site needs a **bleep**-ton of work too. 

Plenty to be getting on with as usual, Virg-erty.

0 Kudos