Menu
tomo73
Joining in
Message 1 of 1
Flag for a moderator

Unhappy customer, v6 box not working, no help available

Hi

Can someone please tell me how to get in contact with someone from Virgin media. My V6 box has now not been working for over a week. I have gone through all the troubleshooting so I know that there isn’t a fault with the service, it isn’t a faulty hdmi cable and it isn’t due to a faulty hdmi port. I have rebooted the box several times. 
I know that the tv is working as my DVD player, Now Tv and google chromecast are all playing through it. The WiFi is also working fine. There is power to the V6 box because the light is on. It goes to red for standby and then goes white when trying to switch it on. The screen when turning on is completely blank. There is no error code and there is no start up screen. 

I posted in here last Tuesday but have received no answer. I have tried Live Chat which seems to be automated and is telling me to contact by phone. I have tried phoning which did a service status check (which I’ve already done several times) and eventually told me to reboot the box and ended the call. Obviously, I’ve already rebooted the V6 box several times so this isn’t helping. I tried calling back and they eventually said they would connect me to someone but the phone just rang for about 20 minutes with no answer. I work full time and don’t have time to keep calling and holding on for 20-30 minutes at a time. I don’t know what else to try next. 

I understand that it is taking longer to answer calls due to the pandemic. I definitely understand that it makes things more difficult having worked through the whole thing myself. However, I’m now at the point that I feel I might have no option but to cancel my direct debit because I seem to be going round and round in circles. I don’t want to do this as I’ve been happy with the service up until now but I am not happy to continue paying for a service that I am not receiving. 

If anyone knows another way of contacting Virgin media or maybe knows of something else that I can try to get the V6 box working again I would be extremely grateful. Thanks 

0 Kudos