Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unexpected bill increase

Hello, 

I have discounts applied for my Virgin Media TV and Broadband basic package for the past 11 months, at £20 off the bill. This months bill, the discount has gone down from £20 to £14 with no warning or explanation as to why that has happened?

So to clarify, my bill is usually £34.50 and is £40.50 for seemingly no reason? The discount applied to my package are due to end on the 21st May (the 21st of each month is my bill date), so I was expecting an increase on next months bill, not this one. 

Can anyone explain what might have happened here? Doesn't seem like a massive increase I know, but times are tough right now! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unexpected bill increase

I would carefully check both your contract and every bill. I’m fairly sure that there will be an explanation for this there. Start by identifying the differences between this high bill and the last one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. The only difference between bills is that the discount has gone down from £20 to £14. Contract states discount applied until 21st May 2020, nothing about it changing. 

In fact, my contract states that my monthly bill will be £31.00 until Friday 22nd May 2020. So not sure where the slight increase to £34.50 a month came from either. Seems the monthly bill gradually creeps up and up... Of course I'd love to talk to someone on the phone as price increases are not something I can cope with at the moment,  but understand that's probably not possible!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The £3.50 increase is almost certainly last year’s October/November general price increase.

As you say that you only have a single discount, I can only suggest that the billing period of this bill goes beyond the discount end period, resulting in the discount being pro-rated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ohhhh, that would make sense!.. Thank you very much! 

Sorry to bend your ear some more, but I don't suppose you happen to know if there's a way to look at further discount options online, or if that would have to be discussed over the phone?

No worries if not, you've been super helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, unfortunately the Retentions route is the same as before which, of course, is very difficult but not impossible at the moment.