cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to watch recording

StephenAllan
On our wavelength

Hi.  I had a movie recorded from TCM a while ago but when I recently went to watch the film I got an error message saying We're sorry but this recording can't be viewed because TCM is no longer available from Virgin Media.  I understand the tv channel is no longer available but surely I should still be able to watch a recorded film from the channel even though the channel has now gone.

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Superstar

Hi StephenAllan,

TCM went off in July and any recordings were available for 3 months to watch, I can say this for sure because my TCM recordings became unavailable after 3 months.

This is quite normal the only exception I can remember is when BBC had channel changes and recordings were available for 12 months.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM recordings are intended for short-term timeshift viewing and not long-term archiving. The vast majority of the time, there is no restriction on viewing but there are circumstances when either a channel closes, or if there's a change to the EPG data - that a 3 month limit is put on the old recordings. 12months is generally reserved for BBC/ITV changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks