Menu
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to stream between two v6 boxes

I've just had my second v6 box installed and it is looking fi e, except I cannot stream between the two boxes.

I get an error saying that there is no other box on my account (but both boxes appear in each others list).

The original box is connected via ethernet, the new box is connected via WiFi, if that makes any difference. 

Is there anything I can do to reset this, or will it need a call to 150 to resolve? 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to stream between two v6 boxes

You will either have to connect your second box to your Hub by ethernet cable which is best or use powerlines as your wifi connection is poor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do a complete restart of everything.

Turn all you kit off for 5 minutes.

Restore power to the hub & leave it until only the white light on the front is showing & stable (will take several minutes).

Start each V6 box in turn until the home menu shows as complete, including all the ad boxes at the top.

Run the speed test on both V6 boxes. Go to Help & Settings>Help>Other Products>Broadband>Run a speed test.

At the speed test screen press Play & not OK. This will give you your download/upload speeds to your hub, & tell you if they are adequate.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Will try this at the weekend when I can turn everything off without getting shouted at Smiley Happy

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos