Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to play recordings on 2nd tivo box

• Has worked in the past, but often fails. More recently fails every time. I have one TiVo box hardwired to router, 2nd one on the wifi network, same network name. In My Shows, I can see the other TiVo box but when I select it I get the error, can't connect to the other tivo box, error c423. Would an ethernet/powerline connector for the 2nd tivo box solve the problem and if so can virgin media provide one ? Thankyou  
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to play recordings on 2nd tivo box

What would solve it best is to connect the other V6 directly to the Hub by ethernet cable.

A pair of powerline adapters "may" work for you. VM will charge you £3/month and that is poor value. Better spending the monies on a better quality set. My lad uses Solwise AC1200's and connects his gaming computer and consoles to it - just fine. However it will depend on the mains electrical circuitry in your house whether they will work.

Finally you could put the Hub into modem mode and get your own router and better quality wifi equipment to improve wifi signal in remote locations.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to play recordings on 2nd tivo box

Thanks but weirdly has been working perfectly since I posted this. I think the Gremlin has left the building. 

0 Kudos