Menu
BobPaulBrian
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to delete series link

Series link recording Wheeler Dealers (GB 217 Quest) frozen in (updating) mode. Can not select to modify. Clear prompts for cancellation confirmation but when ok‘ed reverts back to (updating) mode. How can this be resolved w/o resetting tivo box?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to delete series link

The only way is to power down the box and switch it back on

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobPaulBrian,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry that you've had issues amending your SeriesLink.

Have you managed to resolve this since your post? If not, could you confirm whether you've tried dannylau's suggestion above?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Maggieevans123
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have a similar problem.

Top gear is stuck on updating in my manger series links and I can't edit/delete it. I have tried powering down but nothing has worked. Any other suggestions?

maggie 🙂

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you kick the "updating" message by amending one of the series link settings? Go into the SL manager, find the offending SL and load it, and "amend SL options". Make some change and save it, give it 5 minutes to process and then go back in?

0 Kudos
Maggieevans123
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I can’t even click on the offending show to amend it. It just loads for a second and then jumps back to the list of series links. 

it happened a few days ago so I have tried leaving it/turning it off etc. 

thanks for you advice! Do you suggest anything else?

Maggie:)

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try finding the offending show via Home > Search & Explore, and then set/cancel/amend a series link via the resulting menu?

0 Kudos
Maggieevans123
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried this a few different ways and didn’t help 😞 just noticed as well that I cannot move priority of other shows (current or greyed out?) would it be best to get someone to come round/talk me through it on the phone? 

thank you for your suggestions 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Another suggestion would be that the recordings scheduler is somehow, er, "confused".

There's a reset option under Home > Help & Settings, for deleting all current planned recordings, reset box and rebuild planned recordings. I'd be trying that next.

Also try creating a brand new series link for any programme, and try moving it around the SL list a little - above and below the stuck link.

If all this fails, then you're probably looking at a box reformat or replacement I suspect.

0 Kudos