Menu
PeterPiper1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to delete from Continue Watching

Why is it not possible to delete items from the Continue Watching folder in On Demand, even using the "clear" button on the remote or by running the item to the end? I know that some of the shows listed will automatically disappear if they have an "available until..." date, but others with no such date cannot be deleted and will presumably remain there forever - why?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to delete from Continue Watching

Hi PeterPiper1,

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community,

I have requested some more information in regards to the 'Continue Watching' section and if there is a way to remove content. I will post back here as soon as I have an update Smiley Happy 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
EvanD
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've had this issue.

To get around it, I go into Recording Hiccups and restore the program, then delete it again.

0 Kudos
PeterPiper1
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Natalie, I'll appreciate your update when you have it.
0 Kudos
PeterPiper1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie - just to mention that I've also tried rebooting the Tivo box. That doesn't clear the items in "Continue Watching" either.
0 Kudos
PeterPiper1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Evan. Just to be clear (and for the benefit of others who made read this post) my difficulty isn't with "My Shows and Recordings", it's with "On Demand". "Recording Hiccups" lies under My Shows and Recordings and Continue Watching lies under On Demand and as I mentioned in my post there seems to be no way of deleting already watched shows in On Demand if they don't have an end date (available until...). Those which have been watched on channels which are included in my package and have no "available until..." date will presumably just sit in "Continue Watching" forever, even if they've been watched to the end.

I've also tried re-booting the Tivo box and that doesn't remove them either...

0 Kudos
PeterPiper1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie - any update yet?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeterPiper1,

Thank you for your patience whilst I investigated this matter further.

The length of time the content stays visible on the Continue watching depends on what it is. If it is a Movie or Pay Per View it will remain on there for as long as it is available from the OnDemand / Store.

If it is from Catch Up, it will remain visible until it is removed from the available content.

I am afraid none of the option allow the content to be deleted from the Continue Watching section.

My apologies if this is not what you were hoping to hear but I do hope it clears things up for you. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos